Toddler-Sized Challenge Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions will apply to your entry into the Toddler Portion Sizes Challenge (which we’ll refer to from now as “the Challenge”). As the information set out here is important, we ask you to read it carefully. If, before submitting an entry, you have any questions, please do let us now by contacting us at email@example.com. Otherwise, you will be asked to click to confirm your acceptance of these terms before you enter the Challenge.
2. Promoter’s name and address
The Challenge is being promoted by Nutricia Limited, a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 275552, whose registered office is at Newmarket Avenue, Whitehorse Business Park, Trowbridge, Wiltshire BA14 0XG. From this point we will refer to it as “the Promoter”. The Promoter is acting on behalf of the Infant & Toddler Forum: infantandtoddlerforum.org.
3. Opening and closing of the challenge
The Challenge is open from 9.00 a.m. BST on 08/05/2017 and until and including 11.59 p.m. BST on 18/06/2017. Entries received too early or too late will not be considered.
4. Eligibility for entrants
To submit an entry to the Challenge, you must be all of the following:
- at least 18 years old
- the parent (including adoptive parent) or carer of a child who, at the date on which you submit your entry, is at least one year old but is not yet five years old
- resident in the UK
- not an employee of, or a family member of an employee of, the Promoter
- an individual and not a business, group or charity (and not be acting on behalf of such)
- registered as a user of the Platform – the way to do this is set out below in ‘HOW TO ENTER’.
5. How to enter
Step one – register as a user
You must register only once as a user and your registration is personal to you and must not be transferred or borrowed. Please do keep your passwords and other sensitive information confidential. When you register, you will sign up to the Infant & Toddler Forum newsletter, through which you would be able to receive updates on the Challenge.
Please note that the Platform is an externally owned and managed site, and that the Promoter cannot guarantee its error-free performance, and is not liable for any failed performance of the Platform, or any loss or corruption of entries, or for any other content on the Platform.
Step two – upload your entry
Once you have registered as a user, you can submit an entry to the Challenge as follows:
- go to the “Add your idea” page on the Platform;
- access the Ideas Submission Form, and set out the basis of your idea;
- answer all questions and provide all information (observing the character limits) as set out in the Ideas Submission Form;
- press “preview and publish”.
Step three – commenting on entries
As a user, you will have an opportunity to comment on other people’s entries (whether or not you submit an entry yourself). Please be constructive and fair in doing so, and do not swear, offer personal insults or otherwise act inappropriately – and please bear in mind that users’ comments, while great to receive, do not determine who wins the Challenge.
6. Criteria for entries
The Challenge is to find the most impressive and original idea for managing toddlers’ portion sizes. Quality of entry is the key, but there are a few other requirements, which are as follows:
- you must abide by these terms and conditions
- entries must be submitted while the Challenge is open
- your entry must be your own original work: you must not have borrowed, plagiarised or in any way made use of anyone else’s idea. It is important that you understand this, as you may be liable if you have entered an idea as original which is, in fact, not your original work.
7. Ownership of ideas
In entering your idea into the Challenge, you are agreeing that the Promoter will become the owner of your idea. You will not, therefore, be able to put your idea into practice yourself (should you wish to do so) if you enter it into the Challenge.
The Promoter will own the intellectual property rights in your idea. “Intellectual property rights” are essentially the products of your intellect; in respect of your idea, it will mean (among other things) the following:
- the words you have used in your entry and all other copyright in your entry
- the layout of your entry
- all images that you submit
- the overall design of your entry
- any confidential information, trade secrets or other specialist knowledge contained within your entry
- the right for you to be named as creator of your idea (although we may name you in publicity if you win a prize – see section 8 below
You agree, at the Promoter’s cost, to sign any document or do anything to enable the Promoter to gain full intellectual property rights over your idea. For the avoidance of doubt, Intellectual Property Rights assigned to the Promoter will be held on trust on behalf of the Infant & Toddler Forum.
The Promoter will be able to use, register a trademark or patent for, put into practice or sell your idea anywhere in the world, and you shall not be entitled to receive any payment or acknowledgement.
You understand that the only possible payment or reward that you may receive for your idea is a prize in this Challenge.
You must also be aware that you have no rights over the Infant & Toddler Forum’s (or any other person’s) logos, trademarks, slogans and other similar things, and have no permission to use such: therefore, you must not use any of these things in your entry. Your entry must be free of branding.
8. Selection of the winners
The Challenge will be judged by a panel appointed by the Promoter and containing at least one independent member. The panel will be made up of members of the Infant & Toddler Forum, Netmums, Tesco Baby Club, Tommee Tippee, Pre-school Learning Alliance, PACEY and London Early Years Foundation. The names of all members of the panel are available on the Platform, on the Additional Information page and on request.
The winner will be the entry that contains, in the panel’s view, the best method of solving the Toddler-Sized Challenge. The best method will be judged on the basis of originality, practicality, cost-effectiveness and likely appeal to parents and carers.
The panel’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into regarding any entry. Although users’ comments may be read by panel members, the popularity of an idea with users will not determine the outcome of the Challenge.
You acknowledge that you may be required to be used in publicity if you are selected as a winner.
The prizes are as follows:
- the winner will receive £1,000 in cash
- there will be two runners-up prizes of £500 each in cash
- a further five entries will receive £100 in Love2Shop Vouchers
- ten users’ comments contributing to ideas will receive £100 each in Love2Shop Vouchers
Prizes are non-transferable. We reserve the right to provide alternatives to any non-cash prizes.
The winning entry (and/or any other entry) may be developed for use with toddlers. Please see section 7 above on ownership.
10. Notification of the results and receipt of the prize OR prizes
The Promoter will notify the winners by e-mail on or before 31/10/2017. Winners will have their prizes sent by post on or before 30/11/2017.
11. Grounds for disqualifications
Your entry will be disqualified (either before, during or after the judging process) if any of the following apply:
- you do not meet (or cannot demonstrate that you meet) the entry criteria set out above
- your entry appears, in the view of the Promoter or the panel, to violate anyone’s rights or any law
- your entry is incomplete or not sufficiently clear
- your entry is received before the Challenge opens or after it closes
- you attempt to contact or influence the panel
- the Promoter or the panel become aware of a conflict of interest in respect of your entry
- you provide false information as part of your entry or when registering as a user
The name and county of each winner can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to:
Infant & Toddler Forum Secretariat
5th Floor, The Courtyard
7 Francis Grove
or by e-mailing info@firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nothing in these terms and conditions will limit the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or for fraud.
The Challenge is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, and is not associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other social media site, blog, forum, business or location where the Challenge may be advertised.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.