- Ask the Forum
- CHAT: Healthy Conversations
- Growth and its Measurement
- Professional Organisations
- Study Days
- View all Topics
- 2016: The childhood obesity challenge - Prevention is action
- 2013: Small steps today for healthy feeding, growth and development tomorrow
- 2012: Supporting families of young children to develop healthy eating habits
- 2011: Positive Feeding in the Early Years
- 2010: Developing Positive Eating Habits
- 2009: Feeding the 21st Century Toddler
- 2008: Early Nutrition for Later Health
- 2007: A Growing Issue
- 2006: The Forgotten Years
- 2005: A practical approach to toddler feeding and health
- Ten Steps Programme Hub
Use our portion size ranges to find out how much is too much.Find out more >
Use our toddler food tracker to check that your 1-4 year olds are getting a good balance of foods and activityFind out more >
Welcome to CHAT: Healthy Conversations from Pregnancy to Preschool; a resource to support health and childcare professionals in their commitment to Making Every Contact Count (MECC).
Telling people what to do is not the most effective way to help them change. MECC is about altering how we interact with people, having Healthy Conversations and learning how to identify opportunities to talk with people about their well-being.
Healthcare professionals and early years’ staff also need to feel confident in their own knowledge of what constitutes a healthy lifestyle during pregnancy, infancy and the toddler years.
CHAT offers online and face-to-face training that combines this knowledge and Healthy Conversation Skills, supporting families to adopt healthy behaviours and improve lifelong health.