We take the privacy of our Website users very seriously. We ask that you read this Policy carefully as it contains important information about how we will process your personal data. We may change this Policy from time to time. You should check this Policy regularly to ensure you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you access the Website.
1 Information about us
The Website is operated by the Infant & Toddler Forum with a postal address of Infant & Toddler Forum Secretariat, 5th Floor, The Courtyard, 7 Francis Grove, Wimbledon, London, SW19 4DW (“we” and “our”).
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, we are the “data controller” (i.e. the company who is responsible for, and controls the processing of, your personal data).
2 How we collect information about you
We will obtain personal data about you and/or about children you look after (such as names, addresses, dates of birth and contact details). We will do so in a number of circumstances, including but not limited to where:
- you sign up to our mailing list;
- you submit a Ten Steps questionnaire;
- you register an online account with us, including a Tot It Up account or Ten Steps Hub;
- you complete one of the Healthy Conversation (CHAT) online quizzes;
- you contact us in relation to a query.
Occasionally we may receive information about you from other sources, which we may add to the information we already hold about you for the purposes listed in this Policy.
3 Sensitive personal data
We may obtain sensitive personal data about you and/or about children you look after, if you volunteer it to us. By volunteering such information you signify your consent to our processing it for the purposes listed in this Policy. “Sensitive personal data” means personal data relating to race or ethnicity, political opinions, religious beliefs, trade union membership status, physical or mental health, sexual life, or the commission, alleged commission or conviction of criminal offences.
4 How we will use the information about you
We may use personal data collected for the purposes of:
- personalising our service to you;
- compiling research data;
- improving our training materials;
- providing third parties with overall statistical information about our users, although this information will not identify any individual user ;
- notifying you of any changes to the Website or to our products or services that may affect you;
- customer profiling and analysing your preferences;
- marketing—see ‘Marketing’ below;
- security, fraud prevention and detection;
- improving our services; and
- complying with our legal obligations.
By submitting your personal information you consent to the use of that information as set out in this Policy.
We may wish to provide you with information about special features of our Website or services that we think may be of interest to you.
We may also share your personal data with organisations that we work with and we or they may contact you (unless you have asked us or them not to do so) about products and services that may be of interest to you.
If you prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time by emailing your request to unsubscribe here. You can also opt out of receiving our marketing emails at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link displayed in any of those emails. If you prefer not to receive any further direct marketing communications from one of the organisations that we work with, you can opt out at any time by emailing your request to unsubscribe to that organisation.
7 Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal data to:
- our agents, contractors and other organisations that we work with;
- third parties we think may be of interest to you; and
- law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity.
8 How we protect your information
We are committed to taking appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage to personal data. For example:
- access to your account is controlled by a unique password that you have created; and
- we store your personal data on secure servers.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure, and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data transferred from you or to you via the internet.
9 Overseas transfers
We may transfer your personal data to a jurisdiction outside the European Economic Area if in our discretion such transfer is necessary or desirable for our purposes as described in this Policy. Certain of those jurisdictions may not have data protection laws equivalent to those in the UK. By submitting your information you consent to these transfers.
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purposes of compliance and improving our services.
12 How to contact us
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you would like to contact us, please do so here.