Use our portion size ranges to find out how much is too much.Find out more >
Use our toddler food tracker to check that your 1-4 year olds are getting a good balance of foods and activityFind out more >
A Growing Issue
Understanding and promoting healthy growth and development in toddlers
Study Day 2007
The prevalence of childhood obesity and the government’s commitment to halt its rising levels by 2010 has thrust health and childcare professionals into the frontline of the battle to halt this epidemic. But childhood obesity is just one of the challenges facing health and childcare professionals who are advising parents about healthy eating and living. Equally it is important to identify the early signs of poor nutrition and inadequate growth.
- Promoting healthy growth through nutrition
- What are the normal developmental milestones?
- How do you measure growth?
- Weight faltering – when to be concerned
- Obesity – when to be concerned